Stennis Astro Camp® is a series of week-long summer camps held in June and July (excluding the week of July 4th) for children grade levels 2nd to 10th . Camps are held at Infinity Science Center. The overarching goal of Astro Camp® is to provide opportunities for learners to engage in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education activities that capitalize on NASA’s unique assets and content and inspire future astronauts and engineers to learn about space.
Astro Camp® is a challenging, science based non-residential series of camps designed to:
- Inspire future astronauts and engineers to learn about space and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics or STEM;
- Present nationally aligned math and science principles through fun, hands-on activities, teaching teams of campers to work together to complete missions;
- Integrate NASA unique resources through visits to the NASA Center or Visitor Center, presentations and demonstrations from NASA scientists and engineers, and immersion into NASA missions; and
- Spark student’s interest in learning the basics of engineering, rocketry, robotics and computer science while having fun.
Astro Camp® sessions are aligned with NASA current priorities: Aeronautics, Technology, Solar System and Beyond, Earth Right Now, International Space Station and Journey to Mars. The camp culminates with a tour of Stennis Space Center, including rocket engine test stands, and launching of Estes Rockets with the help of NASA engineers. The 8th - 10th grade STARS camp includes robotics and 3D printing experiences.
NASA’s vision is to inspire the next generation of scientists, researchers, and engineers to pursue careers in STEM fields. By tapping into the curious minds of our youngsters, NASA is planting the seeds necessary to attract and retain students in STEM education. Astro Camp® is an important “stepping stone” in developing our future workforce!
ASTRO Camp Session Dates and Grade Levels
|Astro Camp® 2nd - 4th Graders||Astro Camp® 5th - 7th Graders||STARS 8th - 10th Graders|
|June 6-10, 2016||June 6-10, 2016|
|June 13-17, 2016||June 13-17, 2016|
|June 20-24, 2016||June 20-24, 2016|
|June 27-July 1, 2016||June 27-July 1, 2016|
|July 11-15, 2016||July 11-15. 2016|
|July 18-22, 2016||July 18-22, 2016|
|July 25-29, 2016||July 25-29, 2016|
Registration will operate on a first come, first served basis until camp slots are filled. To register, please follow the link, below to download the Registration Application, the Parent Authorization Form, and the Health and Medication Policy, Consent and Release Forms. For more information please call the NASA Education Office, Astro Camp® Line at 1-800-237-1821 (Option 4) or Local: 228-688-3485.
- Registration Policy and Procedure
- Registration Application
- Parent Authorization Form
- Health and Medication Policy, Consent and Release Forms